The new transition handbook : strategies high school teachers use that work!
By: Hughes, Carolyn.
Contributor(s): Carter, Erik W.Baltimore, MD Paul H Brookes Publishing 2012Description: xiii, 215 p. : ill. ; 28 cm. +CD-ROM.ISBN: 9781598571998.Subject(s): DISABILITY | TRANSITION FROM SCHOOL TO ADULT LIFE | ASSESSMENT | INDEPENDENCE | SELF DETERMINATION | SOCIAL SKILLS | PARTICIPATION | FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
|Book||IHC Library||510 HUG (Browse shelf)||Checked out||15/06/2019||W004153|
Contents of the accompanying CD-ROM|About the authors|Foreword by Paul Wehman|Acknowledgments|I Introduction to the New Transition Handbook
1. The New Transition Handbook : a model of transition support
2. Assessment and planning : identifying supports and skills that enhance success|II Developing Supports that Enhance Participation
3. Increasing support within school and community settings
4. Increasing social support and promoting acceptance|III Teaching Skills that Promote Success
5. Promoting independence and self-determination
6. Promoting social participation and teaching social skills
7. Promoting functional skills and access to general curriculum
8. Teaching employment skills and promoting career development|References|Index
Copyright Permission: Yes
"To help students with disabilities make smooth transition from high school to adulthood, you need proven and practical strategies that prepare them for success in an increasingly complex world. You'll find more than 500 research-based, teacher-tested support strategies in The New Transition Handbook - the modern transition guide for today's students and the professionals who support them." - BOOK JACKET